Sunday, October 26, 2014

Slow, Steady Progress




Quite some time ago, I joined The Library Project with Adrienne from Chezzetcook Modern Quilts and one of the quilts I committed to making is Summer Sunshine from Material Obsession.  You can read about my choices here.
 I started with a collection of scraps and sewed interfacing to scraps - lots of them!
I slit the centers of the interfacing, turned them right side out and then began pressing them to white squares.

After making 36 blocks, I then drew the stems, and hand embroidered them.

I used 10" squares as I had several Kona White Layer Cakes, searched my stash for a suitable sashing and sewed them together.  I just ordered fabric for the final border, binding and backing.  With any luck, this will be finished before the end of the year!

Linking up with "Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop?"
                            "Let's Bee Social"

1 comment:

  1. What a great use of scraps! Very creative. I am visiting from Let's Bee Social.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!