Monday, March 31, 2014

Can You Believe - Queen Bee Twice in One Month

It's true!  It's also my month in the Scrap-Bee-Licious group.  This is the first Bee I ever joined.  I have learned a great deal from all of them whether because of their blocks, blogs or email conversations.  Such a terrific group!

Last month we used lots of little HSTs, and although I looked for something without them, I just couldn't find something that spoke to me.  My choice is My Stars Align from Stitching and Bacon.  I think this will be a great group project!  My bee mates produce such wonderful work and I always love their fabric choices.

On to the block!  Each block uses 3 fabric selections plus white for trim.  I would love to have one color be any grey - solid or print.  As for the other two fabrics - I'd like one to be stronger than it's coordinating "lower" volume companion.  Here's a look at some of my pairings.

scrappy, fabric selection, hst



It takes 4 (4x4) squares which trim down to 3 1/2" squares.  It also takes 4 (2.5 squares) for the corner pieces.  This should be the same gray as in the star.  I prefer the trim be white - solid or white on white. The block finishes at 13.5" square.  

scrappy, my stars align




Here's a sample of blocks showing my color ideas.  

scrappy stars, hst,
 Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. For the actual stars, are you looking for pink, teal and greys or any color just so long as one is saturated and one is low volume. For instance could that be blue's or green's or yellow's etc.??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks and color choices! I can't wait to see your finished quilt! Thanks for choosing my block, it makes me so happy to see other people make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!