Sunday, November 3, 2013

Been Too Long

Wow, I can't believe a month has gone by since my last post.   What happened to October?  I feel like I blinked and missed it.  I have been keeping quite busy.  I will have everything posted by the end of the week but here's a sample of what I have been working on.

For Scrap-bee-licious, Cath of Wombat Quilts requested paper-pieced blocks in low volume fabrics.  Two challenges at once for me.  I have always been a bit fearful of paper piecing and I tend to purchase bright, colorful fabrics.  I searched the internet high and low for a pattern to tackle, something easy, and with large size sections.  I found Happiness in a Block from Quiltmaker.  I watched the video (great job, Shayla) and set out to make a test block.  It was awesome and I was hooked immediately.


1st Paper Pieced Block - EVER!



Mind you, I liked it so much, I decided to keep it and use the remaining fabric to make more blocks.  So a new fabric selection and a block was made for Cath.   I like this one also,  so I took the photo and quickly packaged it for mailing.
paper piecing, low volume

Happiness in a Block - For Cath
My 2nd paper pieced block!




I needed a second block and remembered that Amy Friend of During Quiet Time, had made a gorgeous quilt that is on the cover of a magazine.  Off to my magazine collection I went and there it was, American Quilter, September 2013.  Spinning Wheel Quilt.  

I looked through my collection of fabric and hoped for the best.  I love all the fabrics, not sure if the block is too busy, but I like it.  Oh, and on this block, I conquered the distaste of partial seams.   A big thanks to Cath for pushing me into things I shied away from. 

paper piecing, spinning wheel, low volume fabric

Spinning Wheel Block


I have much more to share, yet I am out of time.  

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!